CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
Latest Reports(View all)
- Photogrammetric study of the volcanic cliff sections of western Suduroy, Faroe Islands and their implications for hydrocarbon exploration (12/2016)
- Sand-type variation in an onshore analogue to the North Baffin Fan: petrographic trends in the Cretaceous-Paleogene sandstones of Bylot Island, northwest Baffin Bay (03/2017)
- Sediment provenance of onshore analogues of the North Baffin Fan: Heavy mineral analyses of Cretaceous-Paleogene sandstones in Eclipse and North Bylot troughs, northwest Baffin Bay (03/2017)
Latest Publications(View all)
- Late Miocene fluvial distributary system in the northern Danube Basin (Pannonian Basin System): Depositional processes, stratigraphic architecture and controlling factors of the Piešťany Mb. (Volkovce Formation)
- Structural complexities at and around the Triassic-Jurassic GSSP at Kuhjoch, Northern Calcareous Alps, Austria
- A revised geochronology of Thurston Island, West Antarctica, and correlations along the proto-Pacific margin of Gondwana