"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
MSc Petroleum Geoscience Scholarship
Applications are now open for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Latest Reports (View all)
- Reservoir Properties of Intra- and Supra-volcanic Clastic Units from East Greenland, Faroe Islands and Ethiopia (03/2014)
- Controls on variations in Cenozoic exhumation along the western Greater Caucasus (02/2014)
- Stratigraphy, geochemistry and origin of Silurian black shales of East Siberia (02/2014)
Latest Publications (View all)
- Constraining the origin of reservoirs formed by sandstone intrusions: Insights from heavy mineral studies of the Eocene in the Forties area, United Kingdom central North Sea
- Detrital zircon age constraints on basement history on the margins of the northern Rockall Basin
- Early Pleistocene freshwater communities and rodents from the Pasinler Basin (Erzurum Province, north-eastern Turkey)