CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
MSc Petroleum Geoscience Scholarship
We are pleased to announce that applications for the CASP MSc Petroleum Geoscience Scholarship are now open for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Latest Reports(View all)
- Pre-Alpine stratigraphy of the external Dinarides and Hellenides (12/2015)
- Sedimentology and Depositional Environments of Permo-Triassic Strata along the Khalmer’Yu and Silova rivers (eastern Korotaikha Basin) (11/2015)
- Mid Jurassic to Early Cretaceous review – Part 2: Kuhn Ø and eastern Thomas Thomsen Land (11/2015)
Latest Publications(View all)
- Beef and cone-in-cone calcite fibrous cements associated with the end-Permian and end-Triassic mass extinctions: Reassessment of processes of formation
- Evolution of the Antarctic Peninsula lithosphere: Evidence from Mesozoic mafic rocks
- Reservoir architectures of interlava systems - a 3D photogrammetric study of Eocene cliff sections, Faroe Islands