CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
Latest Reports(View all)
- Origin of the Vorkuta lava flow andgeological implications for crustal thermalevolution of the Korotaikha Basin (07/2015)
- Potential source rock and thermal maturation analyses of Permo-Triassic samples from the central and eastern Korotaikha Basin, Russia (07/2015)
- Stratigraphy, geochemistry and origin of Silurian black shales of the southern Urals (07/2015)
Latest Publications(View all)
- UV light reveals the diversity of Jurassic shell colour patterns: examples from the Cordebugle lagerstätte (Calvados, France)
- The northernmost Jurassic rudists: A revision of the Diceratidae and Epidiceratidae (Bivalvia: Hippuritida) from the Korallenoolith of northern Germany
- Phase transformation of Mg-calcite to aragonite in active-forming hot spring travertines