CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
MSc Petroleum Geoscience Scholarship
We are pleased to announce that Robert Fox has received the CASP MSc Petroleum Geoscience Scholarship for 2015-2016.
Latest Reports(View all)
- A GIS database of the Fossil Record of the Sverdrup Basin Part 1, Triassic fossils (09/2015)
- Late Ordovician - Silurian palaeogeography of the northern Caucasus: new palaeomagnetic data and provenance constraints (08/2015)
- Synthesis of the Barents Shelf Provenance Project and GIS data release (07/2015)
Latest Publications(View all)
- Palaeoecology of Valletia antiqua Favre in Joukowsky & Favre, 1913 (Bivalvia, Hippuritida, Diceratidae); with comments on the taxonomy and distribution of the genus Valletia
- Orbitally forced ice sheet fluctuations during the Marinoan Snowball Earth glaciation
- Debris entrainment and landform genesis during tidewater glacier surges