CASP is a not-for-profit charitable trust carrying out field, literature and analysis-based geological research in prospective hydrocarbon basins. Funding comes entirely from subscriptions by the oil and gas industry. Subscribers to CASP projects receive regular confidential reports and updates. The results of our research are published in internationally renowned peer-reviewed scientific journals after a suitable delay.
"Not all geological issues can be addressed by regional and remote surveys, especially in frontier provinces. This is where CASP can help by carrying out focused & cost-effective field-based research, providing insights into key elements of petroleum systems."
Latest Reports(View all)
- Pilot palynologic study of the Slănicul de Buzau section: Towards a biostratigraphic reference section for Eastern Paratethys sequences (03/2015)
- Data release: U–Pb detrital zircon data from Arctic Russia (02/2015)
- Late Miocene to Early Pleistocene base-level evolution in the Southeast Carpathian foredeep: Sedimentary facies development along the Slănicul de Buzau section (02/2015)
Latest Publications(View all)
- Phase transformation of Mg-calcite to aragonite in active-forming hot spring travertines
- Extensional fold-related fracturing in the Armeña rollover (Cotiella Massif, Southern Pyrenees)
- Extensional salt tectonics in the partially inverted Cotiella post-rift basin (south-central Pyrenees): structure and evolution